cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From brian moseley ...@maz.org>
Subject Re: Content-length
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:54:44 GMT
On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:

>  I don't fully get the scheme you tell yet. Would what I
> propose serve your needs?

im not sure, since i didnt save the original messages in the
thread, and the list archive is really slow :(

but as i recall, my comment was "yes, the approach you
suggest has been implemented before and works well".

>  They would be extensions to DOM, and as such, they
> should eventually be in DOM itself. Hum... that if a
> change in the API is needed, perhaps it's just an
> implementation issue, everything abstracted under a
> normal DOM api...

dunno if that's possible. if there is a concept of blocking
and nonblocking nodes, then any methods on a node for
getting children or values or attributes may need to throw
some kind of acception until the node is unblocked. which
means an api change. furthermore you need to be able to
specify that a node blocks when you construct it.