cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: XSP exception handling
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:27:21 GMT
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Mike Engelhart wrote:

> Is there a recommended method of handling exceptions from within XSP's?  I'm
> having a nightmare of time testing out code because everytime I get a null
> pointer exception thrown during the populateDocument() method, I have to
> restart my server because there's no clear way to handle the exception and
> clean up resources that are in use.   Anyone know of a clean way to handle
> this that doesn't require recompiling the source code?

I'm interested in something along these lines as well. Currently, I wrap
my library method calls with a big try/catch block and dump the stack
trace to System.err. What I'd ideally like to be able to do is either
display the error using the standard cocoon frontend, send a 500 error, or
create an error XML node in the result document, configurable on a
per-file or per-directory basis.

- donald