cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: xBug
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:28:22 GMT
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Michel Lehon wrote:
> I think it would be nice to implement this using standard JDBC calls, so the
> back end database does not matter (well only as long as the same JDBC level
> is supported). So anyone can run-it on his own database after creation of
> the tables (using an 'standard' sql script if possible).

SQLProcessor does just that. Tell it what JDBC Driver to use, and the
apropriate connection information, and SQLProcessor does the rest. The
only time we'de get into Database specific stuff is if we tried to use a
query that wasn't standard to SQL (OK, OK, MySQL still doesn't support
SELECT ...WHERE ...SELECT subquesries, but that can be worked around
<grin>).

Donald did an excellent job on SQLProcessor. When he's finished with
SQLEditor you'll see some of his real tallent. There are just a
few...hurdles...we've got to get figured out for SQLEditor <grin>.

> For me this is very important, as most of the time I have to cope with an
> installed DB (like Oracle, SqlServer, SAS (not a DBMS but can be accessed
> through JDBC), ...)., and if this is generic enough I think it could be used
> for many projects.

Yup. I'd like to see it be much easier to set up and manage than Bugzilla
is.

--
- Kevin Sonney
  kevin@webslingerZ.com