cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: 1.6 problems
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 22:53:12 GMT
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Michael Engelhart wrote:

> > You don't need cocoon-format unless you want something besides text/html.
> >
> > Also, be aware that the official namespace for XSLT is now
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
> >
> > don't ask me why, _I_ think having the year as the version indicator
> > inside the namespace is pretty stupid, but what do I know?
>
> Thanks - I wasn't aware of the namespace change.  I agree - the year as
> version indicator is pretty weak.

Actually, I must correct myself. From the XSLT document:

NOTE: The 1999 in the URI indicates the year in which the URI was
allocated by the W3C. It does not indicate the version of XSLT being used,
which is specified by attributes (see [2.2 Stylesheet Element] and [2.3
Literal Result Element as Stylesheet]).

- donald