cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: 1.6 problems
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 22:36:59 GMT
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Michael Engelhart wrote:

> on 1/18/00 3:39 PM, Donald Ball at balld@webslingerZ.com wrote:
>
> > post up your XML and XSLT pages and we'll have a look see. I ran into this
> > myself with 1.6dev but can't recall offhand what the problem was.
> >
> > - donald
>
> I think I found it.   From the examples in 1.5 I had this at the top of my
> XSL:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsl:processing-instruction name="cocoon-format">
>     type="text/html"
> </xsl:processing-instruction>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0">
>     <xsl:template match="DOCUMENT">
>
> .....SNIP....
>
> My original XSL page had the PI inside of the <xsl:template
> match="DOCUMENT"> which apparently is malformed but the 1.5 system allowed
> it.  So i moved it above the <xsl:stylesheet> tag and then I started getting
> StringTokenizer errors.
> Removing the PI altogether fixed it and now my pages work so far. Do I need
> the "cocoon-format" instruction anymore?  It appears that I don't but I'm
> not sure what it was there for in the first place.

You don't need cocoon-format unless you want something besides text/html.

Also, be aware that the official namespace for XSLT is now

http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform

don't ask me why, _I_ think having the year as the version indicator
inside the namespace is pretty stupid, but what do I know?

- donald