cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Magic version of Sun's XML parser?
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 15:45:47 GMT
On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > Ah. I was not aware of that. So a parser interface to XML4J should be
> > trivial.  But the loss of OpenXML support in the default distro is going
> > to break several apps that I know I have running.
>
> Well, if you wrote your apps tied to a particular parser instead that on
> the DOM, this is not our fault.

I didn't write them, I sort fo inherited them. The offending party has
been chastised. <grin>

> No offense, but OpenXML has _major_ deficencies and it's not supported
> anymore (Arkin is now dedicated to merge the good parts of OpenXML into
> Xerces).

That's reasonable. It's also why, I'm sure, the xsl socument in the other
thread isn't aprsing quite right - it worked with OpenXML/Cocoon 1.5/XT
but Xerces/Xalan is stricter about some of the conventions used.

--
- Kevin Sonney
  kevin@webslingerZ.com