cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: Real-world recommendations for dynamic XML production?
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 06:32:36 GMT

As I think Stefano said, keep going down the XSP path for this purpose.
The goal will be to marry these technologies, where practical, not replace
one with the other.  The idea is that your XSP extensions should work in
EXSLT/Xalan without too much trouble in the future.  (At least, that is how
I see it).

-scott

                    Donald Ball

                    <balld@websli        To:     Cocoon <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    ngerZ.com>           cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     Real-world recommendations for dynamic
XML production?
                    01/29/00

                    09:38 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

So, after reading how happy Stefano is to be wrong, I'm still left with
the question. I want to create dynamic XML in the middle of document
transformation. I have been writing processors to accomplish this, but
that's an undesirable long-term strategy for many reasons. I've been
trying to port one of my processors to be an XSP taglib instead (with not
much success, argh, I feel stupid), but now I'm unsure whether I should
continue down that road or if I should write an extension library for
Xalan. What shall I do?

- donald is a moron, and don't mind it when you tell him so