cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: AW: Entities
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2000 01:09:16 GMT

> The FormatterToHTML (same goes for the FormatterToXML) just doesn't
> behave as it should!

Nope.  FormatterToHTML and FormatterToXML are being used in both cases.
The fault goes to FormatterToDOM, which needs to implement the
LexicalHandler interface (which I just did).

http://apache.org/xml/features/dom/create-entity-ref-node
> s", false);
> in your code, even though the Xalan-documenation is somewhat misleading
in
> this aspect.

Hmm... I didn't think Xalan docs said anything about this.  Why is it
misleading?  (Note that entity references aren't part of the XSLT data
model... not sure that this matters for our purposes).

> The program doesn't work, if you construct the XSLTProcessor with
>    XSLTProcessor processor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor();
> That raises an Exception during execution.

The default liaison is meant primarily for stream-in/stream-out.  You
should be able to do stream-in/dom-out when you're using the default
liaison, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were problems. It's a big
to-do item for me to make the liaison choosing mechanism much more
graceful, so the caller doesn't have to worry about it.

-scott