cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: disable-output-escaping
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:40:40 GMT

I have a feeling this has to do with the DOM use in Cocoon...
disable-output-escaping is hard to keep in a generic output DOM, since it
has to do with how the result tree is serialized, which is probably being
done by a generic formatter after the DOM is created.  Xalan has a hack to
do this internally (sticking in a PI), but if the Xalan formatters aren't
used, it won't work.  You haven't said if you're using Xalan or XT or
another XSLT processor with Cocoon.

-scott

                    "patrick honner"

                    <sw_pat@hotmail.com>         To:     xsl-list@mulberrytech.com

                    Sent by:                     cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    owner-xsl-list@mulber        Subject:     Re: disable-output-escaping

                    rytech.com

                    01/24/00 02:35 PM

                    Please respond to

                    xsl-list

David-

The HTML tags are just ignored when they stand alone inside an element (at
least when using XT).  They don't appear at all in the output, not even as
literals.

By putting them inside a CDATA *and* diabling the output-escaping, they are

processed just as you would expect in the output HTML.

The problem is that I want to have, as an XML-element, a large HTML file
that will be properly rendered upon the <xsl:value-of> call.  Using CDATA
and disable-output-escaping works perfectly, *when* I am creating static
HTML pages through XT.  However, when I use cocoon (eventually to be used
dynamically create the output) the HTML tags appear literally.

Thanks for your interest, and thanks in advance if you can offer any
advice.

Patrick