cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Rocha" <rica...@apache.org>
Subject RE: ResourceBundle question
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 05:29:49 GMT
On Jan-19-2000 Mike Engelhart wrote:

> I'm trying to access ResourceBundle's that are loaded in by my application
> on startup from an XSP.

> and here's the error I'm getting:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.ClassLoader: method
> getParent()Ljava/lang/ClassLoader; not found at
> org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPClassLoader.loadClass>
> (XSPClssLoader.java:83)

> Does the XSP use a custom classloader??

Yes, XSP uses:
  org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPClassLoader

You appear to be using the "old", Java2-dependent version of
the XSP class loader (ClassLoader.getParent() was introduced
with Java2).

This was changed in the latest release: now XSPClassLoader
works with Jdk1.1. Please upgrade your Cocoon installation

Regards,

Ricardo