cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerard van Enk" <gerard.van....@eo.nl>
Subject cl sitemap (was Problem StyleBook and Linux solved?????)
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 12:26:21 GMT
> > Are there any ideas about how Cocoon and Stylebook are going to
> be merged?
>
> Have you seen the SiteMap proposal??? That's it... They will not be
> properly "merged" (no codebase from both of them), but rather the ideas
> and comments after 1 year (for cocoon) and 6 months (for stylebook) will
> be merged into one single piece of code to handle both off-line web
> sites generation (ala stylebook) and dynamic xml rendering (ala cocoon).

That's gonna be great 8-)

How do you define which parts of the site must be generated off-line? Is
there gonna be some kind of 'OfflineSerializer'? In the sitemap you'll get
something like this:

<process uri="/*.html" translate="/home/www/*.xml">
  <producer name="file"/>
  <filter name="xslt">
    <parameter name="stylesheet" value="xml2offlinehtml.xsl"/>
  </filter>
  <serializer name="offlinehtml"/>
</process>

or not with a special 'OfflineSerializer' but:

<process uri="/*.html" translate="/home/www/*.xml">
  <producer name="file"/>
  <filter name="xslt">
    <parameter name="stylesheet" value="xml2offlinehtml.xsl"/>
  </filter>
  <serializer name="html">
    <parameter name="offline" value="true"/>
  </serializer>
</process>

Another solution I can think of is:

<process uri="/*.html" translate="/home/www/*.xml" dynamic="false">

dynamic=false for offline generation and dynamic=true for dynamic xml
rendering.
Maybe dynamic isn't a good name....

I can see one problem with the above examples: If you'd like to make an
offline version of a complete website which is normally dynamic (for a cdrom
or offline presentation) you'd have to change all the producers or keep two
versions of the sitemap.

These were a few of my thoughts.....maybe I'm completely wrong but I'm new
to this subject, so please have some patient with me ;-)

Gerard