cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Lewis <Andy.Le...@NSMG.VERITAS.com>
Subject RE: Cache
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 15:56:32 GMT
I'm still fuzzy on the details of the site map proposal (probably a dumb
question, but where do I find whatever has been written about it), but it
strikes me that the site map will be fundamental to the caching issues
running around. It sounds almost like what is needed is more of a dependency
aware resource manager than just a cache. I'm thinking along the lines of an
interface used to retrieve files ,etc. It would need to know about all
documents loaded, ideally, have a link into the entity resolver to pick up
external dependencies, and would need to be used by all producers/processors
to obtain load resources. This would allow any or every step of the
processing chain to be cached, with dependencies known in most cases. It
would also provide a mechanism for propagating the info needed to output the
headers needed for external caches.

Obviously something of that nature would have a lot more impact on the code.
Comments?

Andy Lewis
eBusiness Development Manager
VERITAS Software, Heathrow, Florida
Voice:  407-531-7584  -  Fax:  407-531-7686  -  Cell:  407-718-4718
Pager:  4077184718@mobile.att.net  -  EMail:  andy.lewis@veritas.com
<mailto:andy.lewis@veritas.com>

" Some days, it is best to keep reality at arms length..."