cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Lewis <Andy.Le...@NSMG.VERITAS.com>
Subject RE: xBug -Reply
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:44:19 GMT
I agree here . The cache should be able to handle more than just an HTML
page.

The first point I guess though is philosophical. I personally adhere to the
thought that a cached object will almost always be faster than a generated
one. Having seen Cocoon 1.5 under load, I am convinced that scalability
depends on caching. The objective should be to never process the item twice.

Andy Lewis
eBusiness Development Manager
VERITAS Software, Heathrow, Florida
Voice:  407-531-7584  -  Fax:  407-531-7686  -  Cell:  407-718-4718
Pager:  4077184718@mobile.att.net  -  EMail:  andy.lewis@veritas.com
<mailto:andy.lewis@veritas.com>

" Some days, it is best to keep reality at arms length..."