cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Lewis <Andy.Le...@NSMG.VERITAS.com>
Subject Cache...
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:38:49 GMT
I lean a bit more towards the "cache it all" side of things my self. A fast
cache for the final output is great, but the puts the system in the
situation of having to rebuild every aspect of a page if only one changes.
IMHO we could even benefit from caching of intermediate values along the
processing chain. I am of course biased towards supporting content rendering
for dynamic sources as well. Caching in Java may be slow, but no slower than
anything else in Java. Parse time for a document, execution time for a SQL
query, or any number of other tasks are almost always going to take longer
than a cache.

Andy Lewis
eBusiness Development Manager
VERITAS Software, Heathrow, Florida
Voice:  407-531-7584  -  Fax:  407-531-7686  -  Cell:  407-718-4718
Pager:  4077184718@mobile.att.net  -  EMail:  andy.lewis@veritas.com
<mailto:andy.lewis@veritas.com>

" Some days, it is best to keep reality at arms length..."