cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Lewis <Andy.Le...@NSMG.VERITAS.com>
Subject RE: xBug -Reply
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:21:27 GMT
Hi all - I'm new to this list but have been following this thread a bit over
the last few days. I have been using Cocoon 1.5 for several projects -
including a completely new website for VERITAS that will be launching in the
next couple of weeks and a product catalog and shopping cart for another
site. All in all - Cocoon ROCKS!

One of my projects at VERITAS (formerly Seagate Software, formerly Arcada)
was to implement a defect tracking system for our R&D group using Java. I
think it would prove an excellent "showcase" project. If the intent is to
take the technology out for a spin, if you will, would it not be best to
really show what it can do? By that I mean XSP to EJBs, with persistence to
a JDBC source? It just seems to me that a showcase should demonstrate the
power of the tool in the most powerful context....

Just a thought...

On another note - I have been having some significant issues with Cocoon
1.5. I'm hoping that 1.6 will help. I've got about 1000 pages on the site,
and a rather complex XSL. I regularly get out of memory errors and/or Server
Errors when more than a couple of people start hitting the server. The
server is a COMPAQ ProLiant 1600, dual PII 400, 256M RAM, NT 4 SP 5, JRun
2.3.3 Build 155, Sun JDK 1.2.1. I've not seen any of these problems on the
shopping cart site which runs RedHat 6.0, Apache 1.3.6, IBM 1.1.8 JDK, and
JRUN 2.3.3 Build 155. I'm currently migrating the NT environment to a real
platform (Solaris - company won't let me use Linux), but I thought I'd see
if anyone had any suggestions....

Thanks!

Andy Lewis
eBusiness Development Manager
VERITAS Software, Heathrow, Florida
Voice:  407-531-7584  -  Fax:  407-531-7686  -  Cell:  407-718-4718
Pager:  4077184718@mobile.att.net  -  EMail:  andy.lewis@veritas.com
<mailto:andy.lewis@veritas.com>

" Some days, it is best to keep reality at arms length..."