cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pascal Houde <pascal.ho...@cactuscom.ca>
Subject Problem running XSP samples
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:09:47 GMT
I can't run any of the Cocoon 1.6 XSP samples. I always get a
"java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method normalize()V not
found". See below for complete stack trace.

At the line where the error occur (XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:87) there's a
switch statement in the process(Node) method where it test the node type.
When it's an ELEMENT_NODE, it cast the Node object to an Element object and
calls the normalize method (line 115). It fails at that point.

I am using JRUN2.3.2/JSDK2.1/JDK1.2.2.
I am using Xerces 1.0.1 for my DOM implementation (I guess that the error is
here...).

Any comment are appreciated.
Thanks

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method normalize()V not found
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XS
PJavaPreprocessor.java:87)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XS
PJavaPreprocessor.java:122)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess
(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java:81)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPTemplate.apply(XSPTemplate.java:108)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:380)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:286)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:840)
	at com.livesoftware.jrun.JRun.runServlet(JRun.java)
	at
com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunGeneric.handleConnection(JRunGeneric.java)
	at
com.livesoftware.jrun.service.web.JRunWebServiceHandler.handleOutput(JRunWeb
ServiceHandler.java)
	at
com.livesoftware.jrun.service.web.JRunWebServiceHandler.handleRequest(JRunWe
bServiceHandler.java)
	at
com.livesoftware.jrun.service.ThreadConfigHandler.run(ThreadConfigHandler.ja
va)