cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Lavoie <philippe.lav...@cactus.ca>
Subject RE: [Bug in Xerces] Gets confused with CDATA
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:47:36 GMT
Thanks a lot Mike,

my problem was that I should have ended the CDATA with
]]&gt; instead of (as you mention) ]]>

I was writing instructions on how to include weird characters
for our web developpers. Guess I should read my own docs :)

> I haven't tried the file with the DTD (because I don't have it).  But,
> I'd suggest that the well-formedness errors need to go away before you
> look at the DTD question!
>
> For those other people using Cocoon, if you have trouble with
> a specific
> XML file, try running it through the parser just by itself.
> The parser
> will usually tell you exactly where the problem is.  (Note that the
> parser prints out the error line number...)

I know that this is a FAQ, but I can't find it in the Xerces FAQ.
How do I use Xerces to validate the well-formedness of my xml file ?

Thanks again

Phil