cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Lavoie <philippe.lav...@cactus.ca>
Subject [Bug in Xerces] Gets confused with CDATA
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2000 19:25:02 GMT
Hi,

I should probably report this to the Xerces list, but I'm not a member, so
perhaps someone
can forward this message for me. Since it might affect anyone trying to use
CDATA with Cocoon, I thought I'd let
everybody know anyway :)  (reply to this e-mail if it is annopropriate to
send Xerces bugs here)

The following code generated an error

<![CDATA[
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE document SYSTEM "/eBusiness/dtd/document-v10.dtd">
<?xml-stylesheet href="local.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>

<document version="$Revision: $" date="$Date: $">
 <header>
  <title>A nice title</title>
  <subtitle>Something that gives a bit more about the intent</subtitle>
  <authors>
   <person name="Name of author 1" email="email1@cactus.ca"/>
   <person name="Name of author 2" email="email2@cactus.ca"/>
  </authors>
 </header>

 ... The documentation goes here.

</document>
]]>

The Error was

The character sequence "]]>" must not appear in content unless used to mark
the end of a CDATA section. at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1256)