cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Lavoie <philippe.lav...@cactus.ca>
Subject 'No caching' doesn't work in 1.5
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2000 17:25:28 GMT
Hi,

I know that a lot of things changed with the latest release so this might or
might not be fixed already.
I wish I could test it myself, but the CVS version is at home and I'm at
work right now.

I have something like this

file -> xsl1 -> xsl2

The xsl1 sheet just adds menu, header footers to a document to create a page
and
redirects the xml output to the xsl2 sheet. This allows me to configure the
menu
for each directory in my web site and use a global stylesheet for the
formating.

With the nocache option used, modification to the xsl2 are not seen, i.e.
I have to reset JRun each and every time I do a modification to the xsl
sheet.

What follow is the xsl1 style sheet, a simple edit should allow you to
test it with hello world or any other example.

Does the caching mechanism take into account multi-pass processing ?

Thanks

Phil

----------------------------------------- local.xsl
 <xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-format">type="text/xml"</xsl:processing-instruction>

 <xsl:processing-instruction
name="xml-stylesheet">href="/style/document.xsl"
type="text/xsl"</xsl:processing-instruction>
 <xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-process">type="xslt"</xsl:processing-instruction>

  <page>
    <header>
       Some header
    </header>