cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Cache
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:50:29 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> Still leaves the problem of knowing if browser type were relevant, for
> instance, and some other outstanding issues maybe. We could address them
> in the sitemap probably.
>
> I think we're ready to take this step here, at least for XSP pages.
> Non-XSP pages can be assumed to be either keyed off of just the path part
> of the URL (for pages that just use XSLT) or should not be cached (for
> pages that use special processors).

> - donald
What about browser settings like locales and caching. I write all my webapps
using ResourceBundles that dynamically grab the label strings for my pages.
Can a cache handle that?  Otherwise if a page is cached because a visitor
queried my site with their browser language setting to "en_US" and then the
same query is run with a language setting of "fr_FR", I want to show the
same data but with French labels replaced for english ones.

Mike