cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject requires JDK 1.2
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2000 16:08:38 GMT
Hi -

Unfortunately I have found a Java 2 dependency in XSPClassLoader.java
(Cocoon 1.6)

Line 82-83 has this:

if (bits == null) {
   ClassLoader cl = getParent(); // Hmmm...

(Notice the comment in the source)

Can anyone tell me how to get around this so I can recompile and get this
working so I don't have to go back to the dreaded JSP model of programming.
I can't wait for Cocoon 1.7 to have this fixed.  I'm not sure what that call
is in there for so any workarounds would be greatly appreciated.
You also may want to change the docs to say that Cocoon requires Java 2 to
work with XSP so others don't get frustrated with this.

Thanks,

Mike