cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject XSP & tag library questions
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:57:50 GMT
I'm trying to figure out how to create a tag library and am finding I have a
number of questions.  (I know Ricardo is hard at work creating documentation
but I can't wait :-))

1)  Does the sample code from the XSP documentation page work?  This is the
one where the tag namespace is "example" and is used in
"example:time-of-day" sample. I copied both pages of code to files on my
server and neither of them work.

2)  Does the template for a tag library require the following templates:?
<xsl:stylesheet

    <xsl:template match="xsp:page">
        <xsp:page>
            <xsl:copy>
                <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
            </xsl:copy>
            <xsp:structure>
               <!-- if necessary for includes -->
            </xsp:structure>
            <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </xsp:page>
    </xsl:template>

    <!-- tag libary template goes here -->

    <xsl:template name="get-nested-content">
        <xsl:param name="content"/>
        <xsl:choose>
            <xsl:when test="$content/*">
                <xsl:apply-templates select="$content/*"/>
            </xsl:when>
            <xsl:otherwise>
                "
                <xsl:value-of select="$content"/>
                "
            </xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="@*|node()" priority=-1>
        <xsl:copy>
        </xsl:copy>
    </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

3) if so, what is the purpose of the "get-nested-content" template and when
are you supposed to call it?

Thanks for any insights.