cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject getCanonicalPath() problems
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:11:57 GMT
Does the use of getCanonicalPath() in the XSP code make assumptions about
the underlying OS?  I can't figure out what is causing problems on my
machine with the XSP samples.  Every time I run them, I get this error:

java.io.IOException: bad path error
    at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java)
    at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)

The only way I've been able to get it to work is by moving the xsp files
into a top-level webapp directory.  I'm using MacOS, Tomcat 3.1m1, Cocoon
1.6 (binary dist), MRJ 2.1.4 (which is JDK 1.1.8 compliant).   The only
thing I can think of is that the getCanonicalPath() has lots of "undefined"
behavior and is also System dependent for it's results. I looked at the XSP
code and it looks like it's just calling the method blindly and not really
checking the results.  Could that be the problem??
I realize that MacOS is not the target platform for Cocoon but since I write
code on it, it's nice to be able run tomcat on my local machine for testing.

Thanks,

Mike