cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: 1.6 problems
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 22:04:59 GMT
on 1/18/00 3:39 PM, Donald Ball at balld@webslingerZ.com wrote:

> post up your XML and XSLT pages and we'll have a look see. I ran into this
> myself with 1.6dev but can't recall offhand what the problem was.
>
> - donald

I think I found it.   From the examples in 1.5 I had this at the top of my
XSL:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:processing-instruction name="cocoon-format">
    type="text/html"
</xsl:processing-instruction>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0">
    <xsl:template match="DOCUMENT">

My original XSL page had the PI inside of the <xsl:template
match="DOCUMENT"> which apparently is malformed but the 1.5 system allowed
it.  So i moved it above the <xsl:stylesheet> tag and then I started getting
StringTokenizer errors.
Removing the PI altogether fixed it and now my pages work so far. Do I need
the "cocoon-format" instruction anymore?  It appears that I don't but I'm
not sure what it was there for in the first place.

Mike