cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com>
Subject RE: Competition to Cocoon from Microsoft ?
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:55:38 GMT
As far as XML goes, Microsoft has the SOAP stuff they're working on, but I
would see that as a great complement to Cocoon rather than a replacement.
They've got the BizTalk server for business-to-business messaging and
e-commerce, but it doesn't appear that it is being positioned as a Web
publishing framework, but, rather, an application integration framework
(which could also play nicely within Cocoon).  I can't think of anything
else that I've heard of...that's why we are evaluating Cocoon, as well.

- Sean T.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe Lavoie [mailto:philippe.lavoie@cactus.ca]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 9:36 AM
To: Cocoon (E-mail)
Subject: Competition to Cocoon from Microsoft ?

Hi,

My company uses Microsoft heavilly. They love what I'm doing with Cocoon
right now. However
they want me to assure them that there is no Microsoft alternative.

I've looked at the msdn site and I was able to find a lot of stuff about XML
but nothing
that ressembles a publishing engine.

I'd be interested to know if anyone knows of something offered by Microsoft
that
ressembles Cocoon (closely or loosely). Actually, I'd be more interested to
know
that I was right and that Cocoon is just way ahead of Microsoft on that one
:)

Phil

PS I know a similar question was asked before, but the focus wasn't on
Microsoft
and in 3 months, things change a lot in this industry.