cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric SCHAEFFER" <>
Subject Re: Happy to be wrong!
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:24:40 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Davies <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2000 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: Happy to be wrong!

> This really clarifies the issue.
> A Web Publishing Framework seems to me the more important thing at this
> time. There'll be armies of developers jumping on applications extrensions
> when a robust publishing framework is in place, but only a few capable of
> creating the latter (such as you guys).

Perhaps, but nowadays, all Web sites are or will become dynamic. The fashion
is : let your sites be "intelligent" (that is : serving content depending on
the client profile), and for this, sites need to be dynamic...
If you want people to use Cocoon, you need also (and quickly) to design a
(robust) dynamic architecture.

118 rue de Tocqueville
75017 PARIS
Tel. : 33-140541058