cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: progress in developing SQL taglib
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 03:24:18 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> <rant>Why do all these packages include their own org.w3c.dom? Why doesn't
> that come in a jar of its own?</rant>

Do what I do.
Extract the JARs and repackage them. Take out the DOM and SAX and put in separate JAR.

A bit of hazzle everytime you upgrade, but at least you have a bit better control of
what is going on.

_I_ agree that no product should include independent packages inside their own JAR, in
fact I think that Sun has this policy clearly stated somewhere. If you are dependent
on other packages these should be contained in their own JARs, for ease of upgrade and
cross application compatibility.

Everybody who feels guilty, take note and do your part for easier cross-compatibility.

Niclas