cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Happy to be wrong!
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2000 15:13:51 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> > > You _are_ a dork, that's why :)
> > Thanks :) (moron!)
>
> Could you two keep the private "encouragements" off-list...
> It radiates the wrong atmosphere to newcomers.

I modestly think the opposite... I've made lots of friends on these mail
lists and joking is the best way to set up a fun substrate to work with.

Man, we've been doing this for almost 2 and 1/2 years... after pier, jon
and myself took over the jserv mail list which such an attitude (before
it was _way_ more serious and boring) we grew the jserv project from 200
of a single list to 20 projects and thousands of people on all the mail
lists.

If this is "radiating the wrong atmosphere to newcomers"... well, I like
its practical results.

Anyway, I agree we went a little bit too much down the line... sorry
about that.

Stefano.