cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: don't cache - compile
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2000 05:36:08 GMT
Hannes Haug wrote:

> Do we have to cache the output documents of processors?
> I don't think so. The output documents of formatters
> depend only on the input documents. So let's cache the
> final document. Or better: don't cache - validate.

Wrong... User-Agent differences, locale differences, sessions? and so
forth...
And I think this breaks your argument quite a lot.

I strongly believe that the ultimate caching involves the opposite. By
breaking down the complete processing stage into smaller fractions, and
in that way find possible sub-documents to cache and/or compile.

Niclas