cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject Dependency analysis, was: [Ant and Stylebook doc generation]
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:25:26 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Philippe Lavoie wrote:
> >
> > Ant only recompiles .java file if they are modified.
> >
> > Is there a way to only generate the Docs if a xdocs/*.xml file was changed ?
>
> No. Stylebook can't do that. Pier was waiting after the integration to
> come up with something like that, reusing the cocoon cache idea.

To me, this feels more like an ANT thing, than a Stylebook thing.
Dependency analysis is not a "core strength" of Stylebook.  So, although
Stylebook *could* be modified to add dependency analysis, I'd love to
see it factored out into something else that could be reused in another
context.

In other words, I think that Stylebook should focus on publishing, with
something else (ANT? An add-on to ANT?) focusing on dependency
analysis.

That way, we can reuse the dependency analysis part for other things
(like the regular build, which could use this, when there are multiple
targets).