cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant and Stylebook doc generation
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:48:39 GMT
Philippe Lavoie wrote:

> Ant only recompiles .java file if they are modified.
>
> Is there a way to only generate the Docs if a xdocs/*.xml file was changed ?

No. Stylebook can't do that. Pier was waiting after the integration to
come up with something like that, reusing the cocoon cache idea.

> I have a site that uses Stylebook with a lot of directories, regenerating
> the whole
> site each time is time consuming since I usually only edit one file at a
> time :)

that's right. Totally, it's in the todo list for stylebook, probably the
first one after the integration.

> Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> Phil
>
> PS I based my ant file for doc generation on the one from xml-cocoon.

It's not an Ant problem.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.