cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:27:42 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> points well taken. i have my opinions, and i know that they're right, but
> i see your point. so ignore my suggestion of supplying layers with YATBXA.

I agree with scott. The DOM may not be perfect but _lots_ of people are
trying to address the problems we are facing now and Apache is -NOT-
(and probably should never be) a standard body of any kind. This work
simply requires very different skills, and, let's be honest, it's a
black art of politics and compromises. Something I _TOTALLY_ hate.

There are very very very few people that can be spec leads, great guys
and awesome developers at the same time.

And I'm not between them, that's for sure: of course, I'm a dork! :)

> so far, it seems that pier's suggestion of SAX preferred for transport
> between layers/filters, with the option of DOM access at the layer/filter
> level is winning the voting. if so, what's the next series of steps to
> take?

I'd like to hear more comments from John. Do you think something like
the outlined above could fit with what you have or what you have in
mind?

Clark, what's wrong with you? I know you can't remain silent on these
things :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.