cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hannes Haug <Han...@Haug.com>
Subject Re: Cache
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:56:34 GMT
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH that's a very dirty hack....
> Also http://localhost:81/servlet can be different from
> http://localhost/servlet...

Of course  http://localhost:81/servlet is different
from http://localhost/servlet. But is it really dirty?
It's a cache that is in front of the real web-server.
This needs some configuration like this. It's not perfect.
But it's a start. Extending mod_proxy to do the caching
more internally would _perhaps_ be a good thing. But I
think that then mod_proxy and mod_jserv would run in the
same thread or process. And _perhaps_ this is a problem.

> I don't like it... Sorry... (and it doesn't solve
> the problem of caching dynamically generated data!)

It's not perfect. But I wouldn't say that it doesn't
solve the problem of caching some dynamically generated
data. It does so for the mod_perl people. The real problem
is that mod_proxy doesn't support content negotiation.

  -hh