cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:05:26 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
>
> > Can we think about having a generic (not protocol-specific)
> > Request-Response (and Context) object expecially designed for XML
> > production? We need to draft those quite soon, because Cocoon 2.0 relies
> > 100% on that (and I need to have a Beta for XTECH 2000, end of
> > February!)
> >

> Pier, I thought you to be the most stubborn of all kind. You have been
> clinging on to the HTTP model for Cocoon like a sacred cow.

PRRRT :)

> You have now, I hope, seen the light.

I was seeing the light even before... It was just nedeed to remove that
"EMail" label on top of that, because I had bad experiences with it...

> Make Cocoon core engine, non-Servlet aware, non-HTTP aware, and then create
> appropriate wrappers for various cases. That way, Cocoon can easily sit in
> any application framework, be it Servlet engines, Mail servers or in my
> case Process Control.

I don't know yet if it's really possible to do that, expecially when
thinking about the sitemap and all those nice stuff... I don't know if
it's possible to reconcile "all"... But my whiteboard is being drawn and
full of coloured lines... Something will come out of that mess...

> The step is small... Thanks for considering taking it.

I consider everything... I might look like a sacred stubborn cow, but,
I'm always listening... And, hey... I'm not the "ruler" of the project
:) I write code. That's it...

	Pier