cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 03:36:34 GMT
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Can we think about having a generic (not protocol-specific)
> Request-Response (and Context) object expecially designed for XML
> production? We need to draft those quite soon, because Cocoon 2.0 relies
> 100% on that (and I need to have a Beta for XTECH 2000, end of
> February!)

Pier, I thought you to be the most stubborn of all kind. You have been
clinging on to the HTTP model for Cocoon like a sacred cow.

You have now, I hope, seen the light.

Make Cocoon core engine, non-Servlet aware, non-HTTP aware, and then create
appropriate wrappers for various cases. That way, Cocoon can easily sit in
any application framework, be it Servlet engines, Mail servers or in my
case Process Control.

The step is small... Thanks for considering taking it.

Niclas