cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: don't cache - validate
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:43:03 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Pier told me about an idea about a mod_cocoon that would do a cache
> frontend talking directly between apache and Cocoon, but I think this
> should be done at a servlet engine level, not at a servlet level.

As I already wrote... I'm working on the rough sketch for a dynamic HTTP
caching mechanism, that could be integrated in a servlet (it could be
integrated in the Servlet Engine also, but I'm waiting to see the
evolutionary path of tomcat before hacking into the sources).
Basically the idea is to have a request monitor that intercepts and
builds a hash of the request, if this is equal to the previously
generated ones, then, not even touching or executing the logic, the
results are gathered from the cache.
This mechanism can be built in a servlet (as it's now), in the servlet
engine (waiting for tomcat), or in the web server (mod_cocoon, but
preferably mod_dyncache).
But that is still not connected to Cocoon...

My 0.02$

	Pier