cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: don't cache - validate
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:30:44 GMT
Hannes Haug wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think we should drop the cache from cocoon. It
> will always be slow. Cocoon should concentrate on
> validating cache entries.
>
> The only problem is that neither apache's mod_proxy
> nor squid support content negotiation.

Hannes,

you're right saying that Cocoon will always be slower than internal
server caching, no doubt about that, and I'd be very happy to delegate
the final caching to something else, really.

I'm wide open to suggestions here.

Pier told me about an idea about a mod_cocoon that would do a cache
frontend talking directly between apache and Cocoon, but I think this
should be done at a servlet engine level, not at a servlet level.

Comments?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.