cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:27:11 GMT
brian moseley wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
> > And having Cocoon as a pure engine, it will make it more
> > appealing to drop it into larger application frameworks
> > as a standard component. That is a point to consider for
> > wider acceptance.
>
> stefano seems to hold strong to the belief that cocoon is
> and forever shall be Just a Servlet :) at least i recall a
> very passionate message in that regard just recently.

No, I think Cocoon is a framework with a servlet enty point. I see no
reasons to remove the servlet entry point even if further evolutions of
the platform, but I see evolutionary paths.

Anyway, the day that people will unsubscribe from this list because of
my presence, I'll do something else. I'm not Cocoon: all of us,
together, are.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.