cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:19:32 GMT
Tim Bray wrote:

> At 01:57 PM 1/24/00 -0500, Andy Lewis wrote:
> >"Just
> >a servlet" doesn't lend itself to the command line generation aspect very
> >well.
>
> At 11:50 AM 1/24/00 -0800, Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> >But, regarding XSP, I don't think this is a possibility...
> >It's like trying to run a CGI from the command line...
>
> Er, well, I access web services (not only servlets but CGIs and PHPs and
> so on) all the time from the command line; the simplest way is with
> lwp-request, but there are lots of others.
>
> Is this material? -Tim

Isn't lwp-request that PERL script that contacts web sites saves URL to
the disk? If it's that, so, there's always an HTTP request-response
involved, isn't it?
I was thinking about a CGI that needs to get parameters data, and that
is executed from the real command line:

# ./cgi-bin/test.cgi

  <head>Test</head>
    No &quot;GET&quot; parameters to display.

	Pier