cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: servlet or no? (was Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II)
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:09:11 GMT
Mike Engelhart wrote:

> I agree - maybe we could start a side project, (we can call it "Mothra" :-))
> that develops a java application that generates HTTP requests to Cocoon for
> creation of static pages.  It would probably be pretty easy.

The creation of static pages can easily follow the HTTP request-response
model, and in the "Cocoon 2.0" proposal that is already included. Cocoon
2.0 was born on the experiences the Cocoon team had on dynamic content
generation, and the StyleBook team (sorry it's just me and few guys at
IBM) had on static pages generation.
"Mothra" is already there, not coded, but ready to be :)

	Pier