cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: servlet or no? (was Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II)
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:06:48 GMT
brian moseley wrote:

> this is the problem - the group in general is so focused on
> http-based publishing that it isn't seeing that only small
> parts of cocoon are http-specific. there is a much wider
> world out there that can benefit from the sophistication
> that cocoon layers on top of simple xsl transforms.

Or probably you're not fond enough about HTTP, servlets and their
similarities or differences from the SMTP and the email world to see
that in most cases they cannot coexist.
While saying that, I'm not telling you that you're ignorant, nor I want
to offend you in any way, but me, Stefano, Federico (the main developer
of James and Avalon), James (the author of the Servlet APIs) spent so
much time between October 1998 and October 1999 thinking about those
concepts, that nowdays I'm focused with our "global" vision of the
world.
Anyway, if you think that these two models can coexist, please don't
hesitate to try making me change my idea... bacause if so, maybe, one
day, we'll get out (once again) our servlet spec, and kick asses :)

	Pier