cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cache
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:00:31 GMT
Andy Lewis wrote:

> I would not only like to see something accommodate that case, but go further
> if possible, and even one of the resources used to produce the page have
> change, avoid re-processing those that haven't changed. I realize that at
> some point there are diminishing returns, but so far I've seen VERY
> expensive processing at every step for many requests, so my gut feel says it
> would be worth it.

We thought also about having an MD5 representation of the HTTP request,
and see if that one was equal to the previously received one (if a
person enters the same data in a form, the page doesn't need to be
regenerated)...
That's an interesting point of view... I don't know if it's possible, or
even if it takes less time to evaluate the cache rather than
regenerating the site... It definitely needs further discussion...

	Pier