cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cache
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:44:38 GMT
Hannes Haug wrote:

> Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> >
> > That's how Cocoon 2.0 cache should work. If all
> > producer/formatter/serializer in my construction chain report that their
> > bahaviour is not changed since last operation, then the cached content
> > is served,
>
> Or the fast external cache is told that the cached entry is still valid.

Uh... yes.. Totally... I wasn't catching your point...
Definitely this is something that works.
I bet that for checking cache, proxies issue a HEAD command instead of a
GET or POST, if they can do it, and in case of HEAD requests, we need to
specify that the document wasn't changed.

There are three cases:

1) The document need to be generated (generate the whole stuff)
2) The document is cached but not proxied (send content in cache)
3) The document is cached and proxied (just reply that it didn't change)

	Pier