cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:38:44 GMT
Andy Lewis wrote:

> I would ask (perhaps treading on sacred ground) that the objective of Cocoon
> being just a servlet be reconsidered. I use it real-time in a development
> environment, but then generate static to go to the production servers. "Just
> a servlet" doesn't lend itself to the command line generation aspect very
> well. That said, I think that the earlier discussion of extending it beyond
> web, into email, etc, is going to really push things past the point of
> complicated...maybe "Just Content Generation"

So many nights spent on this topic :)
No, definitely not. Even if for "off line generation" of web site Cocoon
must have a public static void main(String argv[]) this doesnt change
its operation model.
Even through that ServletRequest and ServletResponse(s) are generated,
and it doesn't change the fundamental HTTPServlet behaviour of Cocoon.

	Pier