cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cache
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:49:14 GMT
PNarula@directsourcing.com wrote:

> Here are my two cents on Cache
>
> Yes Cocoon is a dynamic publishing framework, but how dynamic a site would
> be.

Cocoon is a publishing framework (note the absence of the term dynamic).
So it means that some content are static, and do not depend on the
request data (no POST or GET parameters).

> Let's take an example of a typical site which serves output depending on
> the client. Site content is stored in xml. Most of the time maximum hit a
> site would get is the main page. Won't it make sense to just keep it stored
> in the requested format(html,wml etc.) and just check if the source xml has
> changed. External file inclusion makes more sense over here.

That's how Cocoon 2.0 cache should work. If all
producer/formatter/serializer in my construction chain report that their
bahaviour is not changed since last operation, then the cached content
is served, otherwise the page gets regenerated.

	Pier