cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gabe Beged-Dov <beged...@jfinity.com>
Subject Re: Content-length
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:37:16 GMT
Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:

>  The first time can be buffered, and the content-length printed as well.
> Buffer has other benefits. With buffering, if a problem arises the user
> might be shown another page, because nothing has been sent.

You could have your buffer and eat it too if you were talking to
a HTTP/1.1 client since I assume you could use chunked transfer
coding. You could have your buffer set to 20K (or whatever your
adaptive algorithm determines) and send it out either as normal
or chunked depending on whether the content was done.

Cordially from Corvallis,

Gabe Beged-Dov

--
http://www.jfinity.com/gabe