cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas <nic...@localbar.com>
Subject Re: URLHandlerFactory problem
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2000 06:30:11 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> 2) put your package in the "java.protocol.handler.pkgs" system property.
> Note you can't do this internally, but only at command line.

Perhaps this is more than workable at this point in time. The JVM is
started from the mod_jserv and an appropriate Packaeg handler string would
not be much of a problem.  And even if you push this into the JDK 1.3
final, you could not really require JDK 1.3 now.  Most non-Windows
platforms are just about to get the JDK 1.2 final....

I agree though, it should been easier and definately more programmatical.

Niclas