cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Advice on configuration
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 22:13:05 GMT
People,

you know Cocoon is a pretty complex software: it works on top of many
other software and it can be difficult to install, but I wanted to
simplify the installation burden very much. This is why I created the
resource:// URL handler.

Now, since URLHandlers are not that good to work with in a servlet
environment, I decided to remove the use of special URL protocols inside
Cocoon, at least, until we have a good underlying API for java.net that
supports registering (see my previous mail).

Now, the need for resource:// comes up when we deal with XSP library
logicsheets. If you look at the configurations you find:

# Set the libraries associated with the given namespace.
# Use the syntax:
#   processor.xsp.library.<namespace-tag>.<language> = URL to file
# where "URL to file" is usually starting with file:/// if you locate
# your custom library in your file system.
processor.xsp.library.context.java =
resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/context.xsl
processor.xsp.library.cookie.java =
resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/cookie.xsl
processor.xsp.library.global.java =
resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/global.xsl
processor.xsp.library.request.java =
resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/request.xsl
processor.xsp.library.response.java =
resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/response.xsl
processor.xsp.library.session.java =
resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/session.xsl
processor.xsp.library.util.java =
resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/util.xsl

which work right out of the box, but allow you to change them if you
need to.

My problem is: how do we make these properties work out of the box
(read: you don't need to touch them), but also they are located inside
the cocoon.jar file (so you don't mess with them)?

I'm stuck and I don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.