cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: xBug
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:29:55 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:
> >
> > > Naw, for the number of bugs per project I think we'll have (several dozen
> > > to a hundred?) I can't see any reason to go through the trouble of
> > messing
> > > with SQL.
> >
> > Huh?  A bug database should store all bugs that ever occured.  I would say,
> > over the course of a project spanning years, that will probably be in the
> > thousands.
> Sure, but you can move bugs from the 'active' bug file to the 'fixed' bug
> file once they're patched and thus reduce the number of bugs you're
> typically running queries against (and from the 'fixed' to the
> 'historical' file once they've lagged a couple of minor or a major release
> behind the current version). But yes, I concur, you should store the bugs
> practically forever.
> But this is the cocoon project, remember? Even if we track all bugs over
> the course of several years we're only talking about 5 or 6, right? :)

Right. That's why I was going to create the Bugs DTD and write a simple
XML file on the CVS :)

No, seriously, like I told the PMC, this is a test: if we come up with
something useful, it won't be tomorrow or the day after. But if we do,
we show how powerful all this can be...
                          able to give birth to a dancing star.