cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [wmlprogramming] Re: Geoworks WAP Patent]
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:50:29 GMT
Wong Kok Wai wrote:

> Just wondering: does this patent affects the WML formatter?

Hmmm, let me imagine the newspaper's titles:

               "H2O Inc. patents water"

"A representative of their marketing office said: since we understand
that humans are mostly composed by water, we have created reasonable
licensing programs that allow you to avoid the painful transition to
methane-based alcaloids to replace water in your body".

In a word: I don't give a shit!

And I hopte to see the day where Geoworks representatives (or Yahoo's...
name the company that filed patents on everyday programming practices)
come to the ASF asking for money. That'd be fun to watch :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.